For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
"I, yes I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear? Isaiah 51:12
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. Psalm 91:5
Fear can keep people in deep bondage. I believe that the dominant fear that people have is the fear of death. Friend, Jesus came to die and rise in order to defeat the devil and take back the keys of hell and death forever. Now, if you receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, then you do not have to fear death because you know for a fact that even when the body dies, you will continue to live on. You have eternal life. My dear friend if your greatest fear is death, you may rejoice because there is no reason to fear death, and if you not afraid of death because you know you will be with Christ, then why should you be afraid of anything else or anyone else, ever again for that matter? Jesus told us to not be afraid of man or any devil. God is the One whose opinion counts; He is the One we should respect and honor; He is the One whose word will last forever.
Let us confess the word of God concerning fear from the Old to the new testament.
1. Genesis 26:24, That night the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham."
2. Deuteronomy 3:22, That night the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham."
3. Deuteronomy 31:6, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
4. Deuteronomy 31:8, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
5. 1 Chronicles 22: 13, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged.
6. 1 Chronicles 28:20,
"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you."
7. Psalm 56:4, In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
8. Psalm 112:17, They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.
9. Isaiah 12:2, Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
10. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11. Isaiah 41:13, For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
12. Isaiah 43:1, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."
13. Isaiah 54:4, "Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated."
14. Isaiah 54:14, In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
15. Jeremiah 17:8, He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
16. Jeremiah 46:7, "Do not fear, O Jacob my servant; do not be dismayed, O Israel.
17. Daniel 10:12, Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.
18. "so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid.
19. Matthew 14:27, But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here!"
20. mark 5:36, But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid. Just have faith."
21. Luke 12:7, Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
22. Luke 12:32, "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
23. John 14:27, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
24. Hebrews 13:6, So we can say with confidence, "The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?"
25. 1 John 4:18, There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
26. revelation 1:17, When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
Friend, if you are saved (You have made Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior) you would never have to fear. He is always with you. He is with you now in this economy. He is with you during this health crisis. His with you through all your hardships and He will never forsake you. You can count on His great love.
Praise the Lord!